Trust & Estate Litigation
The passing of a loved one can often bring to light tension and conflict between family members and heirs. Even the most carefully drafted estate plans can be open to interpretation and discord. The lawyers at Knudsen Burbridge & Manchur have years of experience representing clients in probate and estate litigation matters.
Our lawyers understand the emotions that can come to light during these times and work with clients to efficiently and effectively resolve dispute through mediation, arbitration, and, if necessary, litigation. Our Trust and Estate litigators have represented countless clients throughout the Commonwealth and the State of New Hampshire.
We have assisted clients in the following areas of dispute:
- Will contests based on undue influence, lack of capacity, or other factors
- Assisting clients in contested Guardianship or Conservatorship Petitions in the Probate court
- Seeking relief under the Equity Jurisdiction of the Probate Court for the reformation or interpretation of Trusts
- Working with beneficiaries to ensure that named Fiduciaries are performing their duties correctly and filing timely and accurate accountings
- Challenging a Trustee’s investment management, and appropriateness of distributions from Testamentary and other trusts
- Representing the interests of individuals, and when needed, seeking the replacement of Guardians or Conservators
- Investigating and redressing breach of fiduciary duty by an Attorney-in-Fact operating under a Durable Power of Attorney